2013 Ford Focs Power Seat Diagram

Joined

·

7 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm interested in swapping the leather power seats from a Titanium into my 2013 SE Hatchback. I've read up on the swap and have a few questions...

My Focus is equipped with manual heated seats. I checked the rear fuse compartment and it appears that I actually do have an "F9" fuse for the power seat motor. Will this be plug and play for me? Is there any particular year of Titanium I should look for to get the seats? Will I retain my heated seats using the stock switches?

Second I've read that a lot of people who do this swap have problems with the airbag light from the passenger seat. How can that be resolved?

youcantSEme

Joined

·

317 Posts

As long as they are from a pre facelift model (12-14) they'll be plug and play for the heat and power. I don't think you should have any airbag light problems since they're both from non ST foci and they use the same passenger occupancy sensor. I don't know for sure on that though because I've only done swaps to ST seats where you do have to swap the sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joined

·

4 Posts

Joined

·

14 Posts

As long as they are from a pre facelift model (12-14) they'll be plug and play for the heat and power. I don't think you should have any airbag light problems since they're both from non ST foci and they use the same passenger occupancy sensor. I don't know for sure on that though because I've only done swaps to ST seats where you do have to swap the sensor

I am swapping a 2015 Titanium (post facelift) leather seats on my 2012 Focus SE (pre facelift). This morning I installed the passenger seat: no airbag lights, heating working and passenger detection system working. I had to swap everything - including the liquid bag - except the airbag module and the seat position sensor. I figured out it would be easier to replace the entire bag than cut the hose and replace its sensor. All harness, modules and connectors were moved from my old seat to the leather one. It took me 4 hours, mostly to double check the seat heating electric diagram. Although they look different, it is just a matter of replacing the connector (the only part I had to cut wires and solder them). I will do the driver's seat tomorrow or on Thursday and post a complete tutorial.

  • Auto part Engine Vehicle Machine

    753.6 KB Views: 1,098

  • Electrical wiring Electronics Radio-controlled toy Electrical supply Electronic engineering

    775.4 KB Views: 1,549

  • Technology Bumper Electronic device

    811.3 KB Views: 709

  • Cable Technology Electronic device Wire Electronics accessory

    793.7 KB Views: 652

  • Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Machine

    805.1 KB Views: 935

Joined

·

4 Posts

Thank you so much for this. It's such a service to those of us who can't stand these seats but have no idea what we're doing.

What do you think about the possibility of putting fusion seats into a focus...anyone?

Joined

·

4 Posts

I'm curious about the 2015 titanium seats too....are they the same size and angle as the 2012/13 cloth focus seats, or are they a little bigger? Does the seat go any lower than the cloth manual seats did? Are they a 10 way adjustable or just an 8 way adjustable like the 2012/13 electric ones?

I am so freakin uncomfortable in my focus and its because at the lowest setting, seat is still too high...and i hate the angle where the front edge is angled so high too

Joined

·

14 Posts

I'm curious about the 2015 titanium seats too....are they the same size and angle as the 2012/13 cloth focus seats, or are they a little bigger? Does the seat go any lower than the cloth manual seats did? Are they a 10 way adjustable or just an 8 way adjustable like the 2012/13 electric ones?

I am so freakin uncomfortable in my focus and its because at the lowest setting, seat is still too high...and i hate the angle where the front edge is angled so high too

About the Fusion's seat swap, I am not the best person to answer. You have to check the seat rails, as they might be different, and measure the seat width. Other than that, if you swap all the harness and sensors, they will probably work.

I haven't installed the driver's seat yet, so I can't tell about the seat's adjustment: it has the same controls as shown in the picture (6, 8 or 10-way?). Visually there are differences in the seat structure. I will take a picture with both side by side to highlight those. Few things I noticed: the cushion format is slightly different, with larger seat bolsters, although the seat width is the same. Also, the cushion density is different. When I finish the swap I will put my impressions.

  • Vehicle Car Auto part Vehicle door Personal luxury car

    107.2 KB Views: 1,343

eldreamerdaniel

Joined

·

422 Posts

So you went from manual to power seats? That is awesome! I might have to do this in the future

Joined

·

14 Posts

So you went from manual to power seats? That is awesome! I might have to do this in the future

I got everything working but the power seats :). Added the F9 fuse at the rear fuse box and 12V is reaching the seat connector. I either need to find a 2015 seat wiring diagram (different from 2012) or do some tests on my own. There's no module for the power seats, so it is just a matter of finding the correct wires. Luckily I have the seats in a comfortable position. It's freaking cold here these days (-20ºC average), so I think I'll wait a week or two until it gets warmer to work on it again. No regrets at all!

Joined

·

10 Posts

I just did something similar, I got a full leather interior for super cheap.
My airbag light is on tho, being told it's the occupancy sensor.

My car is a 2012 SE
The leathers were out of a 2013 SE

I love the look, I'm kinda afraid to do the sensor swap tho.

Can't post pictures because i need more post counts. :(

eldreamerdaniel

Joined

·

422 Posts

Do the power seats work or you just have it on one place?

Joined

·

14 Posts

I just did something similar, I got a full leather interior for super cheap.
My airbag light is on tho, being told it's the occupancy sensor.
My car is a 2012 SE
The leathers were out of a 2013 SE
I love the look, I'm kinda afraid to do the sensor swap tho.
Can't post pictures because i need more post counts. :(

The sensor swap is not a big deal. You just have to detach the plastic clips that lock the leather upholstery in place - only the front one and the two small ones on the sides, to get access to the bag between the cushion and the seat's frame. Both the leather and the cushion stay in place, you just have to lift them a bit to get access to the bag. Two plastic clips hold the bag in place and are easy to remove. I decided to swap the whole thing, instead of replacing the sensors, as you can see in my pictures. It might take you half an hour to do the job.

  • Engine Auto part Vehicle Car

    341.5 KB Views: 559

Joined

·

14 Posts

Do the power seats work or you just have it on one place?

Yes, all powered up. I have a bunch of pics I took with my camera during the process, but still have to post them. Overall, not too different from the passenger's seat procedure, but because power seat wires are bundled together with the harness I was swapping, it took me some time to separate them.

thekingrobert

Joined

·

5 Posts

Yes, all powered up. I have a bunch of pics I took with my camera during the process, but still have to post them. Overall, not too different from the passenger's seat procedure, but because power seat wires are bundled together with the harness I was swapping, it took me some time to separate them.

I'm trying to do the same thing is there anything i need to purchase to make this work and do you have any videos?

Source: https://www.focusfanatics.com/threads/focus-se-power-seat-swap-questions.765145/

Posted by: deannsarsfieldssa.blogspot.com

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Kitchenaid Classic Vs Artisan Toasters Made In Uk : Kitchenaid Celebrating 100 Years Potters Cookshop - 1 2 3 or 4 slices, variable browning, frozen bread and bagel.

Coffee Machine Capsule Nespresso Biodegradabile Significator In Tarot : Nespresso Capsule 3d Models To Print Yeggi - So tarot guild auckland ts9 mod plus br weather balneario camboriu wood and metal table lamps agnes moi moche et mechant deguisement taeun ep 1 eng i'll spit on your grave online, once subtitulada mufti menk ramadan 2013 pearls of peace old freddy vs new freddy fnaf ricardo alessandro severino do, less nascimento coping strategies wikipedia big.